Copyright © 2013 All rights reserved. May not be reproduced in whole or in part. You do not have permission to use for commercial purposes or for personal gain.
The Albany VA Medical Center – Part 1
October 18th, 2006
I have more than enough and that’s why I am publishing what’s going on in all my personal blogs. October 10th, 2006: My husband told to the VA clinic his situation got worse and made them understand he needed to be hospitalized but they didn’t hear.
October 13th, 2006 around 3:15 p.m.: Ash called the VA clinic again to have an appointment. They told it was too late for having an appointment the same day because Mrs. was finishing at 4:00 p.m. so they gave him an appointment on Monday 16th, 2006 @ 11:00 A.M.
I must mention the lungs of my husband were more filled than the first time he went to the emergency and they were filled about 90% so that means his lungs could collapse any time.
October 16th, 2006 @ 11:00 a.m.: They realized my husband didn’t have assurance so it added a delay to get his room. We got it @ 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon. That was just the beginning of a fight to get a service.
October 17th, 2006 All sorts of tests were performed.
October 18th, 2006
The two doctors told Ash it was preferable to not do the surgery to remove the fluid in his lungs simply because they don’t have the necessary equipment and they don’t have the fresh frozen plasma (one type of blood) which was a must for my husband – that if something would be wrong in the process, they were scared he would die. So we decided he would go to a real VA hospital instead of this VA Clinic. You have to fight to get a bed on another doctor’s territory and this doctor from another territory have to talk to his team…even if your case is urgent. I forgot to mention that the oxygen in my husband’s blood is going lower and lower which is not a good sign and also I should add he wasn’t able to eat tonight because he was too weak to chew his food.
They told the VA hospital in Syracuse, New York don’t have a bed for Ash. They didn’t tell how bad Ash was going to the social worker so she figured he was ok to wait until a bed would be available in Syracuse which could take at least a week. Thank God I saw her and she realized my husband’s life is in danger. (he was in the intensive care) So she communicated with the VA hospital in Albany, New York and I made sure they have fresh frozen plasma and that my husband will go there by ambulance and will be back by DAV Van to be back from the VA hospital to the VA clinic. Ok. My husband’s doctor talked to the doctor in the Albany hospital and the doctor of the Albany hospital had a meeting to see if they will accept Ash or not because Ash is not on their territory. Red tape.
I must say my husband was seeking help to this VA clinic since a while. First, the stupid lady at the reception asked him to fill his VA application which was a non-sense simply because he already was on a VA pension. Like he explained to them, if he would have filled the paper they were requesting him to fill, then he could be considered or perceived as somebody wanting to get two pay checks instead of one.
Believe me, we will live near a big real VA hospital to avoid this red tape the next time.
God, I am asking you in Jesus’ name to please expedite the case because I feel totally overwhelmed by this red tape. Ash’s surgery is pretty straightforward like the two doctors told him this morning but it is all the red tape around because he is like not being on the VA hospital boat simply because he is in a VA clinic. They should close this VA clinic because they are just trying to imitate an hospital – just to give a false impression the population around is safe.
I must tell that I don’t have driver’s license because this doctor in Albany would already have met me.